Friday, May 4, 2012

Halloween 2011

We dressed up as Aladdin and Jasmine for Halloween 2011.
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays! I love having to get creative and last year, I was even more excited because me and Ignas would be doing a couple thing! It took us forever to decide but we finally went with Disney's Aladdin and Jasmine.

He said I looked like a kid...
For Jasmine, I bought an Arabian princess costume and a "witch" wig but Ignas wasn't feeling it. He said I looked like a kid - not exactly the look I was going for on Halloween. I did away with the wig and bought a sparkly elastic to use as a headband. I also didn't like the top that came with the costume. It felt like the sleeves would be a pain since they wouldn't stay up. I decided to buy a bra from Victoria's Secret's PINK line. They had the perfect shade of blue. I glued on gold trim and pinned the brooch thing in the middle. The pants covered up way too much so I cut slits from thigh to ankle on both legs. I also used more sparkly fabric as a belt/sash. Lastly, I watched a few tutorials on Jasmine makeup to get the perfect look! Lots of eyeliner on the upper lid...

I liked the wig!
For Aladdin, I found an Arabian prince top. It originally had white long sleeves so I cut them off. Red shiny fabric would serve as Ignas's belt/sash. For the pants, Ignas wore XL white sweats. I also found a "pop star" wig but Ignas was convinced he would look better with his natural hair, and he did. Even though we want to get into the Halloween spirit, we still gotta look hot! ;)

I don't know why I'm making that face, I apologize.
And this was our final look! Click here to see more pictures from Halloween 2011. Only 5 more months until Halloween 2012... hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...