Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Happy 26th Birthday Ignas!

Ignas turned 26 on September 27 and I decided to throw him a surprise birthday/housewarming party for his present! I still can't believe how smoothly everything went. He had NOT A SINGLE CLUE, not even the slightest suspicion. He was shocked, speechless and very confused. And I credit everything to his amazing friends and family. Without their cooperation and generosity, it wouldn't have worked at all. 

 
A month and a half ago, I came up with this idea and I told Ignas to reserve the weekend of September 29th for me. The only other information I gave him was that we would be spending it in San Diego, and that's it. From that moment on, the Facebook corresponding began with his friends and family, all unbeknownst to Ignas. As part of the whole package, I asked everyone to send me a video shoutout for a movie I would show during the party. 


The day of the surprise, I took Ignas to the San Diego Zoo and we will definitely be coming back. It was so much fun, despite my anxiety for the surprise later that day. Elephants are awesome and so are lions but I'm not sure how close I want to be to a lion. We also found a little guy that looked like a Quetzal! Before heading back to his place, we caught the sunset at Coronado Beach - one of the most beautiful and romantic beaches I have ever been to. 


When we got into the car, I told him that we had dinner reservations at 8pm and that the dress code was formal attire. While he chatted with his dad on the drive home, I contacted all his friends at his place to let them know we were on our way. It was surprise time! When we walked up to his porch, one of his friends had accidentally flashed a light (we found out that he tried to record Ignas's reaction but the flash was too bright). When Ignas saw the light though, he went into instant defensive and determined mode: Who the hell is in my porch?! It was honestly the perfect distraction. Then... SURPRISE!!! And the madness ensued :) Happy Birthday Ignas!

Now that it's all over, it's time for major Peru research and blog updating... Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...